Pace 500 v2 models ship as a Class II electric bike and can be modified into a Class III, reaching a top speed of 28 MPH on pedal assist! To modify the top speed, follow the instructions below.
You'll need to download the Aventon mobile app (available for both iOS and Android) to change the top speed on your ebike. Once you download the app, you will need to pair your smartphone to the Full Color Display. Our How-To guide will walk you through the process of pairing your smartphone to your ebike. Or, follow the instructions below after you've turned your electric bike on:
- Hold down the center button on your handlebar control to enter into the menu of your display.
- Use the minus button ( " - " ) to scroll down to the “Connect to App” selection.
- On your phone, open the Aventon app, create an account, and sign in.
- Then select “scan pair” (while still in the app).
- Scan the QR code that shows up on your electric bike's screen.
- You can give your ebike a nickname then select “confirm.”
- Once the Aventon app has been connected to your ebike, you can go into the settings menu in the Aventon app (click the settings icon located in the top right of the Ebike page), and scroll down until you're able to find the selection that lets you adjust your top speed preference!